No one in government is following actual science. Instead they’re following “The Science” which looks a lot like politics and behavior control instead. How do you know? You can tell by the illogic of the policies.
Let’s say the list below are facts
- COVID-19 affects mostly the elderly and those with other conditions that effect their immune systems
- Wear a mask and socially distance to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2.
- Masks don’t prevent the wearer from getting infected but may prevent infecting others.
- Engage in COVID-19 social protocols until we have a vaccine.
- Vaccines are over 95% effective.
In a country where the people are free to make their own decisions and evaluate their own risks the following is logical if the vaccines are safe and effective.
- Vaccinated people can walk around freely without fear of infection or severe disease
- Unvaccinated people are the only ones at risk
In a normal world and a free society pandemic theater would be over now. The only reason for the CDC to think about reinstating mask recommendations, especially for those already vaccinated, is that the vaccines do not work. Well, do they or don’t they? If they don’t why are we pushing them on the population? If they do then keep promoting them and allow people to make their own decisions.
Otherwise, shut the fuck up and leave people alone.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to recommend on Tuesday that vaccinated people resume masking in public indoor spaces in areas with high or substantial Covid-19 transmission as the highly contagious Delta variant spreads, a person familiar with the decision said.
The move marks a change from the top health protection agency’s guidance in May that vaccinated people no longer needed to mask or physically distance in most indoor and outdoor settings.
Some public health experts had called on the CDC to revisit its mask guidelines for vaccinated people as cases have surged in some parts of the country and vaccinations slowed.Wall Street Journal
Image credit: Google Streetview